Friday, June 19, 2015

Audrey Burke-Moore



Location: Adamsville, Alabama


Age:34





Question:  How long have you been writing?

I have been writing for about 25 years. I’ve been published 5 of those years.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

My first book is titled, “The Definition of Sexy: One Life, One Body, One You.” I finished and published that book in 2010'.

Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

I self-published this book.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

The Definition of Sexy is a women’s book wrote to provide an opportunity for women to rethink the definition of sexy. The book tells stories of other women who have faced an array of situations in their life. The book displays a positive for some negative thoughts and actions.

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

Yes, this book can still be purchased by visiting a book store’s internet site i.e. booksamillion.com, or from purchasing it directly from my website at:  www.audreyburkemoore.com.

Question:  How many total books have you published?

I have published 2 books.

Question:  List all of your titles






Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

Yes, I have projects in the making. I love to write and I promise you, I dream about my books (lol). I am working on a series of The Choice.


Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

My current book is called "The Choice: Weighted Letters". This follows the lives of Cheryl and Keith as well as Kayla and Austyn in two stories that are so different, yet so much alike. Both stories have life altering letters and choices within them.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books?

In all of my books, I like talking directly to the reader as if they were experiencing each page with the characters. I am a very dialogue driven writer, and I act as the narrator between the lines introducing new scenes or characters providing a detailed view through words.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers? 


I use a percentage of my profits to combat bullying in schools. I can’t go into detail yet, but be on the lookout for B.E.T. (Bullying Ends Today).

BLOG WRITER'S NOTE TO AUTHOR: Your books sound quite interesting. You also present yourself as someone who is way beyond her years.  I'll definitely be checking out your books.  Good luck with your future writing projects, and thank you for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment