Saturday, August 17, 2013

Swann Wilde


 

 
Location:   South Australia

 

Age:            Old enough to know better

 

Question:  How long have you been writing?

     All my life. I began writing stories and poetry at primary school and have continued since then. My writing has primarily been in journalism as a career, which is very different from fiction – although not everyone will agree!

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

The very first book I had ‘published’ was ‘How to Care for Your Tortoise’ and I handwrote 10 copies and illustrated the front covers individually. I was 10 years old and sold it to my friends!

Skin to Skin’ is my first real book. It is a short novella published in eBook format and was released on August 15, 2013.

Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

I was fortunate to receive a contract with Extasy Books for 'Skin to Skin'.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

I have been trying to finish a whole book for a long time and a friend, who is an Extasy Books author, suggested I try a shorter project. Through her encouragement and inspiration I began a sensual romance (Skin to Skin) and the story just ran away by itself. I didn’t have a plan when I began and it just evolved, but was fun to write. The book is a paranormal, sensual romance with a shifter theme. Daram is a shy, introverted man who meets Nira, who is on a mission to rid the world of a dangerous, snake shifter. Through a series of ceremonies, each one enhancing his sexuality and increasing his confidence, Daram is transformed into a snake, gets the girl and of course, saves the world.

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

Yes, 'Skin to Skin' is available at:


 

Question:  How many total books have you published?

'Skin to Skin' is my first book.

Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

Extasy Books has offered me a contract for a new series, called 'Wolven of the Armak', and the first book is already in the editing process with them.

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

'Skin to Skin' is my current published book, but 'Jumping the Moon' (Book 1 of the 'Wolven of the Armak' series) will be available soon. This is a male/male sensual romance, set half in the modern, day world of humans, in a regional, Australian town, and half in the fantasy world of the Wolven. The series begins with 'Jumping the Moon', as Wolven shapeshifter (wolf/human) Karter falls in love with a Forbidden human, Mark. They are torn apart and finally find each other again, but not before Karter is forced out of his Wolven community when the evil Bane almost destroys him.

The series develops into a hero, quest journey and I’m currently finishing Book 2 ('Blue Wolf') where the Wolven team up to hunt down and destroy a powerful, Evil presence in their land, while still finding time for a little, steamy romance.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books? (Basically, what can you offer them in the way of information or entertainment)?

I began writing sensual male/female romance, and while I had fun with this, it was suggested I try male/male romance as something a bit different. I love my ‘boys’. They are gorgeous, sensitive, and loving and I am thoroughly enjoying giving them opportunities to find their life-mates. They can also be a little quirky, as Karter ('Jumping the Moon') is a men’s underwear designer and develops a little shop in the human world, while Tarkhan’s life-mate Willem ("Blue Wolf") is a passionate cook!

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers? 

I love novella-size writing, as it encourages me to write tight and keep the story moving. I have learned so much about honing my craft and the biggest surprise has been falling in love with my characters no matter what their gender preferences.
 
Blog Writer's Note to Author:  First, congratulations on your first book being published.  I thought it was interesting when you said that you thought your book 'Skin to Skin' basically wrote itself.  This is how I feel when I am writing my book series: "To Nowhere".  Your future book series sounds quite interesting and I wish you all the best with it, as well as with your current book.  Thanks again, for the interview.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment