Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Edward J. Coburn


                                              

Edward Coburn
 
Location:  Nevada / USA


Age:  63 years old


 
 
How long have you been writing?

I wrote my first short story from a dream when I was about eight. My parents loved it but, of course, I’m sure it was awful.

What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

The first book I ever published was a college textbook about computers, and it was published in about August 1983'.

Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

It was published by a publisher (Bobbs-Merrill).

Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example: What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

It was a college textbook and I wrote it because the book I was using to teach a college class on computers was so awful.

Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

No. The book is too old, and who’d want it anyway. It’s a way out of date computer text book.

How many total books have you published?

About 50 some odd counting books, author’s guides, study guides, and novels. I have 7 novels in eBook format on Amazon.

List all of your titles:

"Order of the White Feather: The Sword of Dalamar"

"Last Killer Standing"

"The Dog Who Ate The Airplane"

"The Dog Who Ate The Burglar"

"The Dog Who Ate The Crossbow"

"The Dog Who Ate The Drawing"

"The Dog Who Ate The Elephant"
 

Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

I am currently writing a short story for my "The Dog Who Ate The series". It should be out in another week or two. It’s just about finished, but I need to edit it a couple of times, and then send it out for professional editing.

What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

"The Dog Who Ate The Elephant".  It is the fifth book in my alphabetical series. It is a murder mystery about a man who gets murdered by an avalanche.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books? (Basically, what can you offer them in the way of information or entertainment)?

They should read my series if they like “gentle mysteries".  My series will never have any profanity (not one word), any overt sex (the most is the occasional smile, wink, and maybe slight innuendo), or over bloodshed (someone is always murdered, so, as the reader, you only find out after the fact. You are not witness to the murder).

Mine are "Gentle" books that a young person can read and pass to a parent without embarrassment or a parent can read the book first and then pass it to a young person.

There will (eventually) be 26 books in this series (one for each letter of the alphabet).

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers?

You can connect with me here:

Twitter: @EdCoburn2

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.coburn


Blog Writer's Note to Author:  I think it's interesting that you not only write for adults, but for children as well.  Your dog ate series looks like stories that would be highly entertaining.  I think I'm probably going to have to check them out, and I hope others who read this interview will do the same.  Good luck with the future of this book series, as well as any other books you write.  And, thanks again for the interview.

1 comment:

  1. I love that your books are "gentle mysteries"...just my speed...and they look intriguing! Coburn was my mother's maiden name...from Belfast, N. Ireland...have you any family in Ireland?

    ReplyDelete