Monday, September 2, 2013

Nick C. Roberts


 

Nick C. Roberts
Location:  Helsinki, Finland

 

Age:   43 years old

 
Question:  How long have you been writing?

I started writing short stories in 2002' in my spare time. I was a full-time teacher until 2010', and started writing professionally after that.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

"Collision Bound", published in 2012'.

Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

I self-published it.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.

The inspiration behind it was an incident I witnessed on a tram in downtown Helsinki one winter’s day. Without going into detail, the behavior of a man on that tram made me feel like doing some serious damage to him. Afterwards, I regretted my inaction, and decided to channel my frustration and guilt into writing a thriller based around the incident. The story takes place partly in Helsinki and partly in London around Christmas time. It’s a tale of suspense, revenge, mental illness and terror.

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

Yes,it can be bought at the Amazon Kindle Store here:  http://amzn.to/13Kxnfe

Question:  How many total books have you published?

Two, and a third very soon.

Question:  List all of your titles

"Collision Bound"

"Burnt Forest & Other Stories".
 

Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

I will be publishing my third book, "The Glass House Killer", in September 2013'.

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

"The Glass House Killer" is a collection of 13 stories set in the different countries I’ve lived in (England, Australia, Germany and Finland). They are tales of suspense/nightmares based on the many and varied characters I’ve met, and the many experiences I’ve had in those countries.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books?

I enjoy people watching and find my characters from real life. I like to drop them into strange/frightening situations and see how they react.

I love suspense and unpredictability, and try to weave both into my stories, holding the reader’s interest and keeping them wondering where they’re being taken.

I believe, if you try my books, you’ll find yourself engrossed!

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers?

I’ve been told that my style is reminiscent of Ruth Rendell and Joyce Carol Oates. To say I’m pretty happy with comparisons like that would be a gross understatement!
You can connect with me on: Twitter at:   @robertsnickc

Blog Writer's Note to Author:  I thought it was interesting that you were a teacher at one time, because so was I until I decided to pursue writing full-time.  I think with the playing field being equalized with self-publishing, it has allowed a lot of writers to finally pursue their dream jobs.  I wish you the best with your books, and your future book/books as you continue on with being a full-time, published author.

No comments:

Post a Comment