Monday, October 5, 2015

Daniel L Welch



Pictured:  Daniel L. Welch


Location: Green Country,Ok /U.S.A.

Age:   31 years old.








Question:  How long have you been writing?

   I haven't been writing very long actually. I started reading recreational about seven years ago (Circa 2008), when a co-worker of mine lent me a book. After reading the borrowed novel, I fell in love with the fantasy/fiction, and immersed myself in the genre. After a few years, I realized that I had a few of my own stories to tell, so I bolted my ass to the chair and got to work. In 2013' I began plotting out my first manuscript, and "TEARS OF BLOOD" was born.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

   "TEARS OF BLOOD" is my debut novel. It was published September 29, 2015, and it's available at Amazon.


Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

   I self-published my first book, "TEARS OF BLOOD". Why, you must be wondering? Well, I wanted to write and publish the book the way I visualized it in my head. I spent two years writing it, and didn't want anyone to change my vision, voice, and delivery. It was a lot of work, but I don't feel that I cut any corners self-publishing verses traditional publishing.  Self-publishing gave me the creative control to choose my own editor, cover artist, and design my social media platform without selling my soul for book sales.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

   "TEARS OF BLOOD", The Dark Ages grip the world in famine and war, but in the Kingdom of Veronia, situated among the free cities, land is abundant and life is cheap.

   Captain Leo Rosewood will stop at nothing to protect Veronia from invasion, even if it means defying the king at the risk of his own execution. When enemies close in, Leo is poised to fight back, quickly earning himself the nickname “Bloody Rose” for single-handedly slaughtering dozens of enemy soldiers. Two years later, ruthless, unflinching, and wielding a newfound power to harness celestial energy, Leo and his surviving soldiers regroup to strengthen their skills—both physical and fantastical—in preparation for imminent war.

   Meanwhile, Bishop Jewel and the members of the High Priest’s Council wield faith to salvage their unraveling kingdom. But what they discover is that Veronia is the battlefield of a supernatural war—with biblical proportions.

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

   "TEARS OF BLOOD" is available at Amazon.com.  You can also purchase it from my website at http://www.daniellwelch.com


Question:  How many total books have you published?

   I've published one thus far, and I'm currently writing the second book in THE VERONIAN ARCHIVES series.

Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

   As I've previously mentioned, I'm currently writing the second book in THE VERONIAN ARCHIVES series. I'm toying with the idea of writing a book in reference to Oklahoma Law Enforcement Officers; kind of a "behind the badge" perspective.

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

   I haven't selected the title for the sequel to "TEARS OF BLOOD" just yet. A lot of potential titles meander through my head, but none of them are set in stone.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books?

   Growing up, I didn't read much unless I was forced to do so.  I just didn't have any interest in reading, and writing was even less appealing.  That all changed when I found a genre that peaked my interest, and that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't stepped outside my comfort zone to try new things. 

   Since then, reading and writing has been my escape from the harshness of the real world. In fiction, there are no rules, anything is possible. "TEARS OF BLOOD", is based in the Dark Ages on an alternate continent called Veronia. It has real world parallels given the time period, with just enough fantasy to give the reader something they haven't seen before, and allows your imagination to run wild.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers? 

   In our fast paced, technology based world, I worry about how literature will be regarded in the future. I encourage you all to silence your phones, minimize your browsers and pick up a book today.  Having trouble looking for a suitable title? Pick up "TEARS OF BLOOD" available at Amazon.com.

   You can follow me, or learn more about my upcoming books at www.daniellwelch.com, and on facebook @

https://www.facebook.com/authordaniellwelch

BLOG WRITER'S NOTE TO AUTHOR: The fantasy/fiction genre is usually what I like to read and write about myself.  Your book sounds quite interesting, and I will definitely check it out.  Good luck in the future with your writing, and thank you for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment