Saturday, October 3, 2015

Rianne Moss


Location:   Canada

Age:             24 years old

Question:  How long have you been writing?

   I’ve been writing as long as I’ve been able to hold a pencil. In high school I started to dream about publishing a novel. It was until 2014, where I started to get really serious about writing.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

   "Shatterproof: (Dynamic Journey Series)" Book One: June 26 2015





Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

  It was Self-Published.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

   The main character came to mind long before the plot did. I watch a lot of documentaries, reality T.V. shows and read up on social issues. The idea first came from an episode of “Intervention.” I started to imagine my main character as having an addiction. I started re-watching multiple  episodes of the show when I decided on the addiction being heroin.

  I felt after having that figured out, I needed to add some kind of hook to the story. I had imagined this girl in my head. The main character would be suffering internally. At this time my novel went on a hiatus as I didn’t know how to proceed. One day, I was watching Dr.Phil while doing laundry. The topic of sexual abuse came up.

   I started to think about my book again. I went back and forth on using it, but it seemed to fit the character perfectly. Abuse is a very touchy subject. That is precisely the reason why I ended up using a pen name. I wanted to be able to write about real life issues and to keep my private life separate.

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

  It can be purchased from Amazon:


Question:  How many total books have you published?

    Just One.

Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

   I’m in the process of writing two books.

   The first one is a sequel to “Shatterproof.” It takes place six years after the events of book 2. It shows how her life has changed, and how much her past affects her future choices. It is not a “raw” read like the first book was, but it shows a character who is still struggling.

   The second novel which has currently been put on back burner is a mystery/thriller. It starts with an innocent 15 year old girl who is visited by a strange man on her way home from work. She learns a dark secret about her past, and her parents past. Unable to accept the truth, she starts to dig further into her paternity, finding out things her dad tried to hide.

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

   "Unbreakable and Drifting Beyond Her": Both I have described a bit above.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books?


  I think like most authors we write to share with the world. I believe my main character has a story to tell and wants the readers to learn about her story. I have a unique writing style, and can tell a great story, I believe readers can relate too.

BLOG WRITER'S NOTE TO AUTHOR:  You sound like quite the writer.  You remind me of me in so many ways.  Writing has always been in my blood and telling a good, interesting story has always been a part of my whole life.  Your stories sound quite fascinating; even though heavy.  I hope you take your mystery/thriller off the back-burner because this one sound like one that I would really like to read. Good luck with your writing and thanks for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment