Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Qshebra Taylor-Dickerson









Location:   Atlanta, Georgia / U.S.A.

Age:               36 years old










Question:  How long have you been writing?

   I’ve been writing for about five years.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

   The name of my first book is "T.R.U.E. Shades of H.I.M."(F.R.E.E. To Be The Chosen M.E.). I first published in 2013' and decided to do a ‘’Rebirth of ’ T.R.U.E. Shades’ in July of 2015' after revising and adding much more to the reading.


Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

   I chose to self-publish.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

     My inspiration came after losing my baby sister to a tragic car accident in 2010'. Most people may ask how this can be an encouragement to write while yearning to live after her death. My sister’s quietness was such an encouragement and impactful. Her silence said so much without even speaking out, yet paved the way for me as I began to be expressive with untold truths. As a shy and mild tempered young mother of five, I was so upset and angry. I needed a way out and to be communicative without being judged, by sharing my heart.

     So, I began my writing journey with poetry. Poetry was a way of escape from my surroundings and past situations. I also wanted something where I could begin a legacy and my children could follow. I have three that loves to write so I needed a place to add their poems. So, I discovered a plan and added a section for Kid Visions Poetry.

     I realized the only way I could move forward was to find out where I come from. Consequently, this was meant for me to find out more about me. (Who am I?) As a victim of rape and molestation, I never realized how ashamed I was to live. So, I knew based on my existence in this world, I wanted more answers on what is my purpose for being here.

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

     Yes, it is still available. You can visit www.lulu.com/spotlight/allqvizionz and also at http://www.bammempowerement.com

Question:  How many total books have you published?

     "T.R.U.E. Shades" is my first book. But, I also have three journals that are available.

Question:  List all of your titles =

"T.R.U.E. Shades of H.I.M."
"P.O.E.T.I.C. T.R.U.T.H.S." (The Poetry Journal)
"M.E. Time Prayers" (The Prayer Journal)
"M.E.D.S. For Ministry" (The Inspirational Writing Journal).



Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

     Well, I’ve recently gotten married. However, we both have extensive experience in the do’s and don’ts of being and staying married. So, we are planning to do a pre-marital and martial equipping manual along with other journals to complete our next project.

     Yet, we are looking at the fall of 2016'. Maybe, a few other mini ventures to assist with my journey as an empowerment speaker.

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

     The title is "T.R.U.E. Shades of H.I.M." The storyline is about a single mother of five whom took all her life's negatives and created meanings through acronyms to discover her life's purpose. From a high school dropout, to being raped, molested, involvement in incest, and abuse; despite all she becomes a mental innovator for hopefulness.

    
In this book, you will get a clarification of the "Why Me'' and how all things have worked together to help to discover passion and existence in the earth. Also, you will be guided on acknowledging the T.R.U.E. background shades of H.I.M. (man/woman) in your life and how to P.U.S.H. beyond the hindrances and devastating trauma.

    
The task of discovering and conquering the different phases of shades, from black (the dark days of confusion, grey (the blurry days of misunderstanding, and white (the days of clarification). Many examples on how to turn your negatives into positives while receiving your healing and restoration for new life. You will find the acronyms and meanings of the W.R.O.N.G. H.I.M to the F.A.K.E./R.E.A.L. H.I.M. to the W.A.N.N.A. B.E. H.I.M which leads you to the R.I.G.H.T. H.I.M. This is a great layout of understandings and knowing that in order for you to be free from mental bondage, you must be willing to travel back to the beginning of all rooted and stemmed attachments that were planted in you from the beginning.

    
The Who Am I, Why Am I Here, Is Living Worth It, Why Do I Act The Way I Do, Why Do I Do The Things I Do/Say? Somehow and someway a seed was sown and whether it was good or bad, it grew. This is a turnaround point for you to P.U.S.H. pass the past and focus on your future while walking in forgiveness, freedom, and understanding. The key to the R.I.G.H.T. path is to find out your T.R.U.E. identity, and uncover your T.R.U.E. purpose for life. This is an invitation and connection opportunity to tap into The Greater You!! My Freedom Is Now Someone else’s Freedom.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books?

     I believe that my transparency inside of this book will allow people to have a true experience of life and the meaning of how to take all negatives and turn them into positives so you can live without mistakes, yet inspiration to someone else. The information from within will also help to establish a world of success whereas it’s never too late to start again.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers? 

     Yes, a lot of people always ask about my cover. I will take this time to explain. I was raised believing that I was ugly and never would accomplish anything. Even though, I modeled in my 20’s I still believed that I was unattractive.  Without reason, I decided last year to have a photo shoot done.

     I was so impressed with the results after seeing the Real Me. However, I selected this particular picture as my cover because of what I saw as a motivation. When I see this cover, I see a stunning young lady with a beautiful smile. As she stands boldly yet holding on to life. She smiles as she looks at the ground and realizing that the ground could have been on top of her. But she chose to live her life. So, she can now look at those negative things that are being used to help her reach her goals. The circumstances that tried to take her out and she can now use those things as an inspiration as she steps up on her footstool and move toward her purpose while pursuing greater.

     And finally, thank you so much for your time!


BLOG WRITER'S NOTE TO AUTHORYou know when I started writing this blog I never expected to meet writers who have had so much tragedy in their lives, and yet are able to turn it around into a positive.  I have several authors on this site currently that have done just that, and you are definitely one of them.  I hope that anyone who is suffering from their past finds this interview and will hopefully read your book.  Sometimes people who are hurting often times think they are alone, when in fact there are others who have found a way out of the darkness into the light.  I'm glad you did just that.  Thanks for the interview.  I feel my blog is much richer for having your interview on it. I wish you all the best in your future and with your writing.  

2 comments:

  1. Your story is so inspirational. I will be purchasing your book. Thank you from sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great testimony. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete