Sunday, November 6, 2016

David Blaze, Children's Author

Pictured:  David Blaze

Location:  Orlando, Florida (U.S.A.)






Question:  How long have you been writing?

I've been writing stories since the fifth grade. I've only recently started writing for children.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

"My Fox Ate My Homework" will be published on November 25, 2016.



Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

This will be published in paperback and on Amazon Kindle.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

I envisioned a story about a boy who wanted a dog more than anything in the world but couldn't have one because his mom couldn't afford to feed it.  So how could he have a dog?  I figured he could encounter a fox, but he thought the fox was a dog.  And then I wondered what could be unusual and different about this fox? It could talk!

The actual story turned out to be a bit different, but the boy and talking fox remained.

Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

"My Fox Ate My Homework" is available on Amazon.com and will be available soon at all major bookstores online. You can find all information about this book at my website here:                                        http://www.DavidBlazeBooks.com

Question:  How many total books have you published?

This is my first book.

Question:  List all of your titles =


Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

I am working on two sequels to "My Fox Ate My Homework", expected to be released in 2017.

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.


Joe is an eleven-year-old sixth grader who’s just moved from the city to the country. He is threatened by the school bully to do his homework for him. Joe tries to help his mom save the new house they moved into (it was his deceased great-grandma’s house and it’s about to be taken by the IRS). Joe encounters a fox that can walk and talk like humans. They learn from each other, have fun, and get into trouble. Joe learns what friendship is all about.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books?

I wrote this book not only for entertainment but also to teach kids how to stand up for themselves. No one should ever be bullied and feel powerless. I also want kids to value friendship and learn from each other. That’s really what this book is all about.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers? 

The name David Blaze was envisioned by Timothy David for his son, Zander Blaze, to create a world for him and all children that is fun, safe, enlightening, hilarious, and honest. Wow! That’s awesome!

Blog Writer's Note to Author: Your book sounds like the ideal story for kids to read.  There are times that kids feel alone and your story sounds like one they could probably identify with, especially if they currently have an animal.  Good Luck with your future writing and thank you for the interview.






No comments:

Post a Comment