Friday, August 28, 2015

Chris Mason


Pictured:  Chris Mason

Location: California / U.S.A.

Age:  I am 41 years old.







Question:  How long have you been writing?

   I have been writing since 2008.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

   My first book was titled "Video Store in a Box: A Guide to Free Television and Movies on the Internet" and was published December 25, 2013.




Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

   I self-published through Smashwords.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)? 
   
   "Video Store in the Box" and my other books except "Tutor in a Box" were born out of two things that happened at the same time. The first was my family had to give up cable to save money but my kids still wanted to see the then popular That’s so Raven. The second was my mother came up with Mason day to teach my kids that you did not need a lot of money to give someone a nice gift. Mason day when like this a person was assigned a family member and had to make them something and could spend only 20 dollars. My thought was “Oh my God”. I had no artistic skills like my daughters’ and could not build things like my son but I did have impressive research skills. So the “In the Box” series of books was born.




Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

   All my books are available but only in E-book. All books are available at all major retailers including:

·      Itunes
·      Barnes and Noble
·      Smashwords
·      Kobo
"Tutor in a Box" is also available internationally through:
·      Wheelers-Australia and New Zealand
·      E-sentral- Malaysia

Question:  How many total books have you published?

   There are currently five books in the “In the Box” series of books.

Question:  List all of your titles =

  All are reference guides to the best free stuff in a particular area. The series currently includes:


Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

   I am working on two more titles in the series due out Christmas of this year.

•  "Production Studio in a Box: The Guide to make DVD, CD Websites and other Media at Low or No Cost".
•   "Entrepreneur in a Box: The Guide to the best Free Websites to Make Money".

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

   The story behind my latest eBook "Tutor in a Box" would fall under the quote “necessity is the mother of invention”. You see when my children were younger they all attended a virtual charter school. When my first child started I asked all the teachers if they could help me help my children by providing online resources my kids could use. The response I received was rather shocking. Out of the six teachers I asked I was emailed only 3 links to educational websites. I thought to myself these are teachers at an online school and this is the best they can do. So I started to keep a list of websites that my kids used often or that I used to help them and just kept adding to it. I also noticed that many parents were lost when it came to where to go on the internet to get good educational information. I observed this one day as I sat at my local it’s a Grind and watched 7 parents in a group. All of them with computers trying their best to solve some Algebra II problems so they could then break those problems down and teach them to their children. They all looked frustrated and confused and a bit angry. So I thought why not take this list of mine that have compiled for the last six years and turn it into a book so others could benefit as much as I did. That is exactly what I did. That is the quick story of how Tutor in a Box come to being.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books?

    I can be contacted @ digitalattic95@gmail.com
Like me as an author at Smashwords to find out more about me and my books.


    While you are there pick up "Record Store in a Box", it’s Free at all retailers but Amazon.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers? 

   I am always looking for free resources on the internet. If a reader of this article has a resource they think is good email me. I will give contributor credit in my next edition. I have found many people have question about the topic of free resources. If any reader has any question on this topic feel free to email me@ digitalattic95@gmail.com .

BLOG WRITER'S NOTE TO AUTHOR: It looks like you are definitely the guru to creating the free stuff in a box collection.  I think it's great that you have taken the time to do this.  It seems to me that your books would be a big time saver when you are out on the Internet looking for bargains.  Good luck to you with your future projects, and thank you for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment