Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Arlene Valle


 

Location:             Ohio / USA

Originally from:   Ontario, Canada

 

Age:   As young as I feel.

 

Question:  How long have you been writing?

I started writing a children’s book in 2008' after raising 4 orphaned raccoons. I may still publish it when I find the time. I started my novel in 2009' tentatively titled "Hollywood Nymph".

 
Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

My first published book is "ARRANGED". It was published 01-31-13. I keep thinking there is some significance or meaning to me about that date.


Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

I consider it to be self-published, but in reality people like to tag it as a vanity publisher, which is okay with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the process. I liked the idea of all my requirements being under one phone number. I chose my cover, which I am crazy about, and even asked for color changes which were done at no additional cost. The process went smoothly and quickly, and to my specifications. I have no complaints about the process I went through in relatively a small amount of time.

 
Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.  (For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

As far as inspiration for the book, I can’t really pin it down.  After reading "Twilight" and "Fifty Shades of Gray", I decided the public wasn’t looking for another “War and Peace” and I knew I wasn’t going to give it to them anyhow.  A nice romance story was more something I felt I could deliver  The story is about a young woman and how she deals with her sexual needs and desires, while trying to be happy with just one man, a man by the way that would move heaven and earth for her. I stumbled upon the tropical location for much of the story just by chance.  It is an island state of Venezuela and I fell in love with the location and the people that live on the island. For some strange reason I felt a draw or connection to it and had to make the island part of the story. My imagination just took off from there, although I will say much of the descriptions throughout the book are real as far as names, places, and events. In the process I became friends with a man that lives on the island and we communicate quite frequently. He is also a Canadian and is married to a Venezuelan. They have been a wealth of information and pictures for me. Just recently ,I met through twitter another Canadian living there and her friend from Venezuela. I hope we will all become friends for life, as I plan on writing more about the island.


Question:  Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?

My book "ARRANGED" is available at Amazon US, UK, CD, FR, ES, and DE in English only. It is also available at Barnes & Noble, Kobo , Alibris, Indigo, Abebooks, Book Depository, Powell’s Books, and of course out on GoodReads.
 
Amazon (Click Here)
 
 Barnes and Noble (Click Here)
 
 Kobo Books (Click Here)
 
 Alibris          (Click Here)
 
 Indigo          (Click Here)
 
 Abebooks    (Click Here)
 
 Book Depository (Click Here)
 
 Powell's Books   (Click Here)

 
Question:  How many total books have you published?

     "ARRANGED" is my first published book.


Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

I am more than halfway through the follow-up book to "ARRANGED". I am still toying with the idea of calling it "Re-Arranged".  (I do consider it the Margarita Series, if I should be able to come up with a third book.) For now, the second will fill in the gaps between the second to last chapter, and the last chapter of "ARRANGED". Some of the secondary characters such as Ryan will have a more prominent part in the story, and hopefully he’ll find someone he can settle down with.  There will be more of the island of Margarita, plus Samantha and her life back in the US.   With Venezuela in the news almost every day, I find it a wealth of opportunity for my brain to create modern factual fiction. I also have a Y/A book started that deals with a first, true love and some paranormal mystery thrown in for good measure, and a new Romance story about a writer that meets a gorgeous man in show business. I have Henry Cavill in mind as I write this one.


Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books? (Basically, what can you offer them in the way of information or entertainment)?

With "ARRANGED" if you don’t like reading erotic situations and detailed scenes, this is not the book for you, but if it is something you enjoy reading, I hope readers will give it a try. I don’t think I am too over the top and there is no BDSM if that is your main choice in reading. I tried to make the situations and scenes as realistic as possible, and I hope the readers will enjoy taking a trip to another part of the world they may never get to visit personally. Just about every place mentioned in the book the reader could ‘Google’ and see for themselves, to help them immerse in the story, and as always if you read it and like it I hope you will comment on one or more of the many places available on line. My characters became very real to me and I think there is always a little bit of yourself or truth even in writing fiction.


Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers? 

I hope if readers liked my story they will consider following me on twitter @writergirl4u   Twitter is such a great way to meet and converse with people from all over the world. We live in such a phenomenal time, and thanks again Ms Francoeur, for taking the time to interview me. First time authors need all the encouragement and face they can get. Those first time authors that make it ‘big’ are the exception; not the rule.  Thanks.


Blog Writer's Note to Author:  I can tell you are definitely an up and coming author.  I can also tell that you are definitely someone who wants to take your readers to places that are as real as can be.  I hope that readers will embrace what you have to say and where you want to take them; to beautiful lands and amazing cultures.  Good Luck with all of your future projects, and thanks for the interview.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment