Wednesday, July 17, 2013

M.A. Myers

 


 
M.A. Myers
 
Location:     United States

 
Age: 27

 

 
 




Question: How long have you been writing?

If you count doing it for fun, then I've been writing for about thirteen years. Professionally, about a year and a half of that.

Question:  What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published?

The first book I ever published was the short horror story Paulie. I was able to get it published originally back in February of this year (2013).

Question:  Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish?

It was self-published. Though the idea of wanting to go through a publisher was tempting, at first, I did not have the money at the time to go through one. Nor did it make sense for me to do so for a short story.

Question:  Tell our readers about this very first book.(For example:  What was the inspiration for writing it, and what was it about)?

I got the idea for Paulie actually from a scary story my Mom told to my cousins and I about ten to eleven years ago. She had came up with it off the top of her head on the spot, and did a pretty good job in freaking us out. Wanting to get my foot in the door for becoming a writer, I decided to base my first story off of the one she told at that time. While I was thinking of how to go about it, I figured I'd feature my home state, New Hampshire, as it does not get picked on no where near as much as New York or California.

As for what Paulie is about, without going on and on and on. Is a family, living on the outskirts of the town of Pittsburg, New Hampshire, settle down for the evening when an unknown horror comes to prey upon them.

Question: Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where?
Cover for 'Paulie'
Yes they can. Currently it is for sale on Smashwords here https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/323782 for FREE.
 
 

 


Question:  How many total books have you published?

So far I have just published Paulie. 

Question:  Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it.

I currently have several projects in the works right now. Info. concerning them is pretty hush, hush (sorry). What I can say, though is that they range pretty far in terms in genres. For instance, the current one I am working on will be a horror/sci-fi novel. Next, in the line will be a sci-fi novel (the first in a series). After THAT, I have a fantasy/horror novel, a horror novel, a fantasy novel (the first in a trilogy), and a collection of short stories in various genres, all in non-confirmed order.

As for dates to when they will be released, I cannot say, as my full time job is pretty unstable schedule wise.

Question:  What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it.

The title of my current book, if you mean work in progress, I will say is Paulie 2 which takes place immediately after the events of Paulie. I won't go into it too much, don't want to spoil the first book for anyone, but I will say that Paulie 2 will introduce several new characters atop of the original characters in Paulie. As for what you can expect, readers will have to wait and see, but if you want a taste, there is a sneak peek at the end of Paulie.

Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books? (Basically, what can you offer them in the way of information or entertainment)?

Honestly? I'd say give me a shot. I enjoy writing dark stories. I enjoy writing about characters who are grey, or even dark grey, not your typical white knights. I enjoy the freedom that gives me in allowing me to shape and create my world to share with my readers.

Blog Writer's Note to Author: I hope all readers who read this will check out your book.  I know I will.  Good Luck!












No comments:

Post a Comment