Friday, July 19, 2013

Jen Selinsky


 

Location:  Indiana / USA

 
Age: 34

 

Question: How long have you been writing? 

I have been writing since I was old enough to read, but I didn’t take it seriously until I was fifteen.  I started writing poems; then progressed to short stories and novels.  In the last few years, however I have been writing nearly every day.

Question: What was the name of the first book you ever published, and when was it published? 

The name of my first published book is "Opening the Doors".  It’s a poetry compilation, and it was published on August 6, 2001.


Question: Was this book published by a publisher; or did you self-publish? 

"Opening the Doors" was self-published.  It was only available through the Great Unpublished site originally, but it started selling on Amazon when the company changed to BookSurge.  Of course, all that is now CreateSpace.  I was also accepted into the Amazon Shorts Program in 2006.  I published three short stories through them, but the program ended shortly after people began self-publishing on Kindle.


Question: Tell our readers about this very first book. 

"Opening the Doors" is a compilation of poems which were taken from my first fourteen books.  A friend of mine helped me pick out what he thought were the best poems from those books (which would not be published until I put them on Lulu).  The cover photo was taken at my alma mater, Clarion University of Pennsylvania and shows the double doors of Tippin Gymnasium. 

Question: Can a person still buy this book?  If so, where? 

Yes, my book is still available here!


 Question: How many total books have you published?

Up to date, I have published eighty-two books, (not including "Opening the Doors")
 

Question: List all of your titles

For a complete list of my titles, please visit the following website:

(Click Here for List of Titles)

Question: Any future writing projects in the works?  If so, tell us about it, and any pertinent dates to go with it. 

I currently have lot of ideas floating around in my head, and I plan to publish another work sometime in 2014'.  So, please be on the lookout for a new title after the New Year!

Question: What is the title of your current book, and tell us a little about it. 

The book I am currently working on is called "Hidden Classics", which will feature poems, thoughts, quotes, and possibly a short story. 
 
Last question, if someone comes across this article and reads it, what would you like to tell them about why you think they should try reading your book or books?

I would urge anyone who enjoys poetry to buy my poetry books, which are the majority of my titles.  They contain captivating works in both free and structured verse.  I would recommend my four novels for people who like longer books—three of which are period pieces.  My biggest selling title to date is "Reach Up for the Sunrise: An Unauthorized Biography of Duran Duran".  I would recommend that to anyone who is, or has been a fan of the band because the book starts from beginning and spans their career up to the present. 

 
Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't ask you, but you would like to share with our readers?

I would just like to say that writing is my passion; it is the activity which makes me the most happy.  If I write one thing that brings information or pleasure to someone, then I feel that I have completed a job well done! 

*For those who are interested in my full catalog, please check out the following websites:

Lulu:                    (Click Here)
Amazon:              (Click Here)
Barnes & Noble:  (Click Here)
iTunes:                 (Click Here)

Twitter:  @classicalrock

Blog Writer's Note to Author:  Jen, thanks for sharing what an amazing writer you must be.  I can tell that you have been at this awhile.  I hope everyone who reads this interview checks out at least one or more of your books.  Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment